We are currently searching for a Hydrologist for our Burnaby office. Supporting the Water Resources Practice, the successful candidate will have at least five years of work experience and very good written and spoken communications skills. The ideal candidate is a motivated individual who thrives in a dynamic team environment working on a variety of interesting and challenging projects. Some travel is required for this position. Responsibilities will include the following:
- Hydrometric and climate station installation and maintenance.
- Stream gauging, stream channel surveys and assessments.
- Hydrologic data analyses including statistical analyses (e.g. flood frequency, time series, etc.).
- Water quality and sediment transport investigations.
- Preparation of project reports, technical memos, and letters.
- Leading and assisting in preparation of proposals.
- Contributing to business development
- Client liaison and support.
Candidates should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelors' degree in hydrology, physical geography, earth science, or water resources engineering (M.Sc. degree preferred).
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident; or otherwise authorized to work in Canada.
- Minimum 5 years' post-graduation experience.
- Professional registration (P.Geo., P.Ag., P.Eng., R.P.F.) or eligible to be registered within 1 year.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Proficient at software for word processing, data management, hydrologic analyses, and presentations.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Project management experience or aptitude.
- Commitment to working in a team environment.
Additional skills of interest include hydrological and water quality modelling, effluent plume delineation modelling, erosion & sedimentation control, water demand analysis, and groundwater-surface water interactions.
If you have the right background and would like to join one of Canada's 50 Best Managed companies, please forward your resume in confidence to: Hamish Robertson
with Hydrologist Opportunity
in the subject line.